Steinberg updates Groove Agent to v3.0.1
17th December 2007
17th December 2007
Steinberg has updated Groove Agent to v126.96.36.199.
- Improved autofill behaviour: if autofill were set to 2/4/16/etc. a fill was not only triggered each n bars, but also each time you change the complexity. In Groove Agent 3.0.1 this is only the case if autofill is set to on, else the fill will only trigger each n bars.
- GUI: The icons for MIDI various settings in the LCD Display were missing (GM + MIDI FILE output). You can now directly activate Ambience Split or MIDI file output by clicking on the icons.
- A new option "limit memory usage" (LMU) is introduced on the Setup page. Activate it when you are low on memory. If activated, changing from classic to dual mode or vice versa will empty the modules previously selected.
- The MIDI remote state of Half Tempo Feel on / off and PA start / stop wasn't absolute. The new changed behaviour is: a note-on velocity of 0-63 defines off / start state, a note-on velocity of 64-127 defines on / stop state. This may require you to adjust projects created with 3.0.15 which used MIDI remote notes to control these two functions.
- Under Windows Vista the FX/PA Presets dialog now always open the default location for presets.
- Drum complexity and fill complexity can be controlled separately via MIDI now.
- The PDF manual was updated with several corrections and additions.
- In dual mode the SA and PA module wouldn't unload RAM when the module was switched off or changed. This could lead to situations where up to 6 fully loaded modules per GA3 instance were fully loaded into RAM. Now only modules are loaded into RAM which are visually present.
- Special Agent played only hi-hats if playback was started before loading a style.
- Moving to the highest complexity level in Special Agent could lead to a crash.
- Special Agent fills were playing back out of time or with cut off notes when the random fill function was used.
- Fills couldn't be automated properly via VST automation because the fill button lift event was missing.
- Using any other sample rate than 44.1 kHz changed the playback tempo and pitch.
- Sometimes there were audible double kicks on first beat after a fill.
- MIDI Controller CC7 for Volume and CC91 for Ambience didn't work.
- Random function in PA didn't work in channel 1.
- The "Unload all" function on Import & FX section did nothing.
- Sometimes the User Samples under OSX were played back distorted.
- Under Windows Vista the installer didn't placed a link to the documentation pdf in the start menu.
- Groove Agent 3 standalone was counting bars and beats even when not playing.
- AU: there were problems related to writing automation in AU Hosts (Logic 7 and higher).
- Logic 8 compatible.
- In Cubase 4 the memory locations 3+4 didn't work.
- Memoryslots and automation didn't work properly: pattern complexity level was missing from automation data.
- When the Kick drum was triggered repeatedly via Midi some notes were getting choked.
- When using the "MIDI export to file" or "live to host" function sometimes missing, not-tight or unused notes could occur.
- Under specific circumstances Groove Agent 3 could crash when selecting a user imported sample.
- Audio exported from Nuendo 4 or Cubase 4.1 couldn't be imported by Groove Agent 3 as User sample.
- Sometimes the style and Kit slider could split apart, although "link" was activated.
- Fixed various redraw issues.
- Fixed crashes due to extreme memory usage.
Other Related News
29 Jul 2014 Steinberg updates VST Connect Performer for Mac & Win to v2.0.4022 Jul 2014 Steinberg releases Nuendo 6.517 Jul 2014 Steinberg releases VST Connect Performer for iPad10 Jul 2014 #KVRDeal (until Sunday, August 31, 2014) Steinberg Anniversary Offer: 30% Off Cubase Upgrades09 Jul 2014 Steinberg releases WaveLab 8.5 Trial Version and updates WaveLab 8 to v8.0.407 Jul 2014 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.5.1007 Jul 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.8.113 Jun 2014 Steinberg releases Wavelab 8.530 May 2014 Steinberg announces Nuendo 6.529 May 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.808 May 2014 Steinberg releases free dspMixFx iPad app and updates the UR824, UR28M and UR44 audio interfaces09 Apr 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase to v7.5.2020 Mar 2014 Steinberg releases "Sounds of Soul" for Retrologue12 Mar 2014 Steinberg announces WaveLab 8.517 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.214 Feb 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Steinberg Valentine's Day Sale: 50% Off HALion Sonic 2, WaveLab Elements 8, The Grand SE 3 & More06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.1004 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.704 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.723 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases UR44 USB audio and MIDI interface