Steinberg has updated HALion Sonic to version 1.5.2. The new version introduces VST 3.5 context menu support and fixes several minor bugs and performance issues.
New features and improvements:
- HALion Sonic supports VST3.5 context menu (from host).
- HALion Sonic / HALion Sonic SE sub presets are now sharing a folder location with common sub presets.
- Instability when reducing voices to 1 in Logic.
- Instability when loading a certain presets with compressor.
- Lost MIDI CC assignments in Logic.
- Problem with FlexPhraser using control keys.
- Undesired behaviour if no protection key is connected.
- Missing key commands functionality.
- Multiple key switch layers could play at the same time.
- Hanging notes for retriggered notes that went out of range.
- Hanging notes for notes triggered before the initialization of MIDI modules.
- Hanging notes on project loading due to key range instead of a key switch messages sent by Cubase.
- Removed Mute/Solo automatisms when triggered through automation.
- Sphere arrows are now disabled if the sphere-QCs control layer-QCs without assignments.
- Enhanced handling of sustain note off events to avoid missing transposed events.
- Cross-platform compatibility of multi chain presets.
- Problem with double note offs in certain HSO programs.
- Instability when playing high notes that have been transposed.
- Mono LFO synced rate works now with sample rates other than 44.1kHz.
- The colour of result counter of the MediaBay text turns black.
- Sub category in MediaBay does not correctly update.
- After the 1.5 update some expression programs (Guitar Layers) didn't work correctly.
- Pressing the transport "Stop" button of the standalone via MIDI file playback can cause a performance overflow.
- Program change messages are not executed when received from external MIDI device in GM mode (standalone).
- Not all MIDI CCs were correctly received in GM mode. (standalone, depending on buffer size).
- Loading of programs after saving, followed by a rename wasn't possible.