StrayWorx has released Bad Bassist, a new bass guitar sound library for Kontakt.
In normal mode, it's a simple and easy to use Ibanez SRX305 bass guitar instrument recorded through a Powerstate PBT100+BB15 combo. Switch it to Bad Bassist mode and experience a different way of bass playing technique: unique sound with bad and randomly played notes.
- E2-E4, sustained/muted.
- C2-C#2, slaps/mutes.
- E1-A1, down-slides.
- C1, string noises.
- 4 round robin in normal mode.
- 6 round robin in Bad Bassist mode.
- Kontakt 4.2+ (full version) required.
- 90 MB (using Kontakt's lossless compressed format).
Tips & tricks:
- Use the Random knob (or mod wheel) to enable random bad notes during playing. Tweak it for more or less bad notes.
- Noise randomize knob is good for adding extra string noises.
- Noise volume knob controls the loudness of additional noises.
- Muted notes volume knob sets the loudness of muted notes (Note Off events).