Studiodevices has released VLX-1, its new reverb plug-in for Windows VST hosts.
VLX-1 was modeled after a well known and widely spread low-budget 9.5-inch reverberation unit produced in the late 80s and early 90s for small studios with limited budget. Many low-budget hit-productions around 1990 used exactly this sound for their very own special character. It also fits harmonically to the good old home-recording-style of sound.
Like most of these vintage devices, the VLX-1 is a mono-to-stereo reverb and features the same sound of the original unit using convolution processing. The idea behind the VLX-1 is pure nostalgia and brings one of the formerly most used reverberation units inside the DAW-world.
- 12 reverb types with 16 reverb lengths each (192 Effects).
- Reverberation times from 100 ms to 50 seconds.
- PreDelay parameter.
- High frequency roll-off parameter.
- Nostalgic sound of the 80s and 90s.
- Modeled after the original device using convolution processing.
- Plug-In Interface: Windows VST 32-Bit, via Jbridge or VST-Bridge also 64 Bit.
- System requirements: dual-core CPU, 270 MB of hard disc space.
Studiodevices VLX-1 is available via www.studiodevices.com and costs €25. There you can also download a demo-version with limited functionality.