Sugar Bytes has released WOW, a versatile filter plug-in featuring 10 Filter types, including Vowel Mode, Overdrive and a powerful modulation system.
The Modulation System is versatile but intuitive. The modulation signals can be mixed individually for each parameter but also can modulate each other. For example, the LFO-rate can be modulated by the Envelope Follower, while the Step sequencer modulates the Envelope Follower's Gain... providing potential for grooving, moving, unheard effects.
When developing the Filter Algorithm Sugar Bytes spent special attention on a linear Amplitude response over the whole frequency spectrum for a "fat filter sound" and a "perfect vowel sound". New Band Crusher and LF Crusher filters put the audio signal to the same sample rate frequency as the cutoff frequency. The Band Reject filter eliminates a wide band and gives you juicy filter sounds without losing high or low end. Besides the classical filter types, WOW contains the Vowel Mode which makes everything you feed through WOW "talk".
The Overdrive will drive your signal into the red and enlarges the harmonic spectrum, which gives the filter some "yummy candy" and makes it sound aggressive while keeping analogue warmth and high end.
- 12/24db Highpass
- 12/24db Bandpass
- 12/24db Lowpass
- Comb Filter
- Band Reject
- Band Crusher
- LF Crusher
- 2 Vowels can be mixed via Cutoff Control, with all available filter types.
- Vowels: U, UE, O, OE, A, A:, AE, E, I.
- Envelope Follower (can work frequency-selective).
- LFO (can be retriggered by the audio signal).
- Step Sequencer.
- Modulators can be mixed in the parameters right-click menus and can modulate each other.
- Mix Control: Mixes between filtered and original signal.
- Master Control: Final level.
WOW costs €79 / $99 and is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU formats. A demo version is available.