Synapse Audio has announced that the demo version of Orion 8 is now available for download and that the full version has been updated to version 8.02.
The version 8.0.2 update includes the following bug fixes and enhancements:
- Trying to open the pattern event editor from the mixer on a minimized window crashed, fixed.
- Effects assigned to Insert slot #3 on the mixer were not marked as assigned, fixed.
- Effect Parameters could be recorded in Pattern mode, fixed.
- Some users experienced VSTi crashes with Reaktor and other NI plugins, fixed.
- Linking Modwheel to a parameter did not work, fixed.
- Randomize feature did not work well for DrumRack/Pro9, fixed.
- Missing DrumRack samples on V7 songs could crash Orion, fixed.
- VST effects did not receive MIDI notes via 'Receive MIDI From...', fixed.
- Crossover labels in BandFX corrected to 6 and 12 dB.
- Scrolling/Zooming via Mousewheel now consistent in all views.
The demo version has the following restrictions:
- You cannot save projects or patches.
- The 64-bit version is not included.