Synapse Audio has announced the release of version 7.6 of its music production studio, Orion. This new version introduces the WASP V synthesizer, adding "hypersaw" and "hypersquare" oscillators to its sonic arsenal, creating a much fatter sound than previously. Moreover, an extensive new 2-tap delay effect has been added to the effects section and overall performance in Orion has been improved: projects may consume up to 20% less CPU than previously.
Bug Fixes in Orion 7.6:
- Wavefusion did not work properly on patches using 128kb banks, fixed.
- Accurate Automation switch is properly recalled.
- MIDI Song import crashed on some files, fixed.
- Undoing mixer control changes crashed when using the channel hiding feature for VST instruments, fixed.
- Toxic2 default patch sounds correct now when opening a new instance.
Special Holiday Offer
Until the end of December, 2008, Orion is available for only $99 instead of the regular price of $149.