11th October 2010
Synchro Arts has released VocALign PRO 4 - VST, a new VST3 plug-in version of the PRO range of VocALign, the unique automatic audio alignment software. This new version operates with Cubase 5 and 4 as well as Nuendo 5 and 4.
VocALign is the audio editing tool that automatically synchronizes two audio signals at the touch of a button. VocALign massively speeds up audio synchronization tasks and increases the quality of results by automatically "micro-editing" the new audio to align the timing of its modulations to match those of a guide audio signal.
The range of applications for VocALign typically include:
- Lip-syncing dialogue and vocals.
- Tightening-up of double tracking and backing vocals.
- Tightening up instrumental recordings including horn parts, guitars, strings.
- Foreign dialogue replacement.
- Multimedia applications.
Exclusive features in VocALign PRO:
- Advanced alignment algorithms: Alignment accuracy is greatly improved by using the latest in sophisticated pattern recognition algorithms.
- Sync Points: User-set targets for audio alignment to occur at specified pairs of linked key points in the two signals.
- Protected signal blocks: Users can mark sections of the Replacement (Dub) signal to not be time-compressed or expanded during alignment.
- Two methods of TimeMod (time compression/expansion): An additional Frequency Domain editing algorithm (optimised for best results with some single-pitch signals) is available in addition to the highly efficient Time Domain editing algorithm (for more complex signals).
- Longer maximum signal length: Up to 5 minutes (instead of 2 minutes).
Multi-Platform Licensing in VocALign PRO 4
For cost-conscious studio owners, a VocALign PRO 4 licenses is a multi-platform license delivered on iLok. With one license, the user can run the VocALign PRO 4 VST3 plug-in for Cubase and Nuendo, an AU plug-in for Logic and an Audio Suite plug-in for Pro Tools. This allows the user to switch between these audio editing systems and still maintain the unique functionality and speed of VocALign in their work.
Existing owners of a VocALign PRO V4 license will be able to run the VST3 version at no further cost.
Purchasing and Downloads
14-day demo plug-in versions can be downloaded from www.synchroarts.com/downloads along with manuals and tutorial media. These same plug-ins can be licensed with an iLok license purchased from Synchro Arts dealers or on-line from www.synchroarts.com/store.
The Recommended Retail Prices (RRP) for electronically delivered VocALign PRO 4 licenses are:
- US$585 for North America.
- €430 (ex VAT) for Europe.
- £359 (ex VAT) for UK and the rest of the world.
Upgrades are available on the Synchro Arts website.
17 Nov 2009 Synchro Arts releases VocALign PRO AU v4.0
28 Sep 2009 Synchro Arts releases Double Tracker VST3 Alpha
18 Mar 2009 Synchro Arts releases VocALign Project 3 AU