31st October 2013
Kenneth Rundt has announced that the first public beta version of SynthFont2 is now available for download. SynthFont2 is the second generation of SynthFont and has a number of new features and improvements. Here is a short list of some of them:
- Support for multiple time signatures.
- Smooth playback scrolling of the Pianoroll.
- Support for creating one more compressed audio format: M4A, based on the free AAC format.
- Support for creating compressed audio files using Variable Bit Rate.
- Support for multiple CPU cores.
- Support for some Windows 7/8 enhancements.
- A new combined SoundFont Override and Bank Manager: you can give SynthFont a number of SoundFonts and folders in which to search for banks missing in the default SoundFont.
- VU meters for the MIDI channels.
- More MIDI editing features.
- Function to quickly determine the maximum loudness of a song.
- MIDI data can be saved in the Arrangement file.
- ... plus a very large number of minor improvements and new features.
SynthFont2 is not freeware. If you have a valid SynthFont1 license (a license for the current generation) then you are entitled to use this beta version as long as you like. Users without a SynthFont1 license may try the beta version for 30 days.
31 Oct 2013 SynthFont2 Public Beta Now Available
29 Oct 2013 SynthFont updated to v1.710
18 Oct 2013 SynthFont updated to v1.701
16 Oct 2013 SynthFont updated to v1.700
09 Apr 2013 SynthFont updated to v1.640
12 Dec 2012 SynthFont updated to v1.631
11 Dec 2012 SynthFont updated to v1.630
20 Sep 2012 SynthFont updated to v1.621
13 Sep 2012 SynthFont updated to v1.620
16 Feb 2012 SynthFont updated to v1.612
31 Jan 2012 SynthFont updated to v1.611
19 Jan 2012 SynthFont updated to v1.610
25 Nov 2011 SynthFont updated to v1.604
07 Oct 2011 SynthFont updated to v1.600
11 Jul 2011 SynthFont updated to v1.561
10 May 2011 SynthFont updated to v1.560
05 May 2011 SynthFont updated to v1.559