31st October 2013
Kenneth Rundt has announced that the first public beta version of SynthFont2 is now available for download. SynthFont2 is the second generation of SynthFont and has a number of new features and improvements. Here is a short list of some of them:
- Support for multiple time signatures.
- Smooth playback scrolling of the Pianoroll.
- Support for creating one more compressed audio format: M4A, based on the free AAC format.
- Support for creating compressed audio files using Variable Bit Rate.
- Support for multiple CPU cores.
- Support for some Windows 7/8 enhancements.
- A new combined SoundFont Override and Bank Manager: you can give SynthFont a number of SoundFonts and folders in which to search for banks missing in the default SoundFont.
- VU meters for the MIDI channels.
- More MIDI editing features.
- Function to quickly determine the maximum loudness of a song.
- MIDI data can be saved in the Arrangement file.
- ... plus a very large number of minor improvements and new features.
SynthFont2 is not freeware. If you have a valid SynthFont1 license (a license for the current generation) then you are entitled to use this beta version as long as you like. Users without a SynthFont1 license may try the beta version for 30 days.