20th January 2012
Tascam has announced the iU2, a premium sound quality audio interface for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. It includes all of the features of Tascam's best-selling USB audio interfaces, including a pair of great-sounding microphone inputs. The XLR inputs have phantom power for use with high-quality condenser microphones. These feed an onboard microphone preamp and A/D converter for better sound performance than those built into iPhone and iPad – true stereo recording with low noise and less tendency to distort. The inputs also accept line-level signals or you can plug a guitar or bass directly into your device.
In addition to compatibility with iOS devices, the iU2 also works with Mac and Windows computers. A zero-latency monitoring path allows musicians to hear themselves directly through the unit, without any distracting delay. MIDI in and out are provided to interface with synths and drum machines, and a digital output connects to digital mixers or recorders.
- Audio/MIDI Interface for Mac, Windows and iOS devices.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Two XLR mic inputs with phantom power.
- Two balanced line inputs.
- Instrument-level input for guitar or bass.
- MIDI in and out.
- Onboard A/D conversion for low-noise and distortion when recording with iOS devices.
- Zero-latency direct monitoring.
- S/PDIF Digital Output.
- Includes USB cable, iOS dock connection cable, XLR to ¼” conversion cables.
Pricing has not been announced.
10 Dec 2010 Tascam releases Portastudio for iPad
19 May 2008 Tascam releases GigaStudio 4
05 Oct 2007 Tascam announces GigaStudio 4
24 Aug 2007 TASCAM releases Continuous Velocity Piano (GVI)
14 Aug 2007 Tascam updates GVI to v3.64
23 Jul 2007 Tascam updates GVI to v3.63
31 Jan 2007 Tascam announces 6 GIGA Virtual Instruments
11 Dec 2006 Tascam updates GigaStudio to v3.21