31st January 2007
At NAMM 2007 Tascam announced a selection of six new GIGA Virtual Instruments (GVI's) utilizing the new GIGA wrapper technology to encode GIGA content into individual Virtual Instruments; plug-in compatible via VSTi, RTAS and also standalone (using ASIO). These instruments utilize many exclusive aspects of the GIGA engine including Spectral Morphing, Convolution modeling, Portamento Reshaping, accelerated polyphony and ultra-efficient memory utilization:
The instruments are:
- GIGA Continuous Velocity Piano: the first instrument utilizing GIGA's Spectral Morphing technology instead of massive multisampling. This instrument utilizes only a single velocity sample, which is precisely and continuously expanded via the Spectral Interpolate Velocity (SIV) mode of GIGA's Spectral Morphing filters, to cover the full dynamic range, pp to ff.
- Dramatic Percussion: a cinematic percussion effects library from veteran film percussionist, Todd Sorenson. Bowed tines, gongs, and cymbals, massive drum effects, and many exotic sounds that give a huge sound that jumps out of the screen. Utilizes Convolution models and the Dynamic Expression Filter (DEF) mode of GIGA's Spectral Morphing for continuous changes in energy before and after rolls, hits, etc.
- Larry Seyer's Power Kits: Three, reasonably priced, individual VI volumes of drums. These kits offer the same extended control and features of the full Drum Library, packed as individual virtual instruments.
- American Zither: an exotic instrument with dynamic expression using tremolo speed control, bends and slides with spectral morphing, note-off triggers, 12-way randomization, convolution body resonance models all recorded from a pristine 24-bit signal chain.
- Malmsjö Extended Acoustic Grand: this classic re-issued with extended dynamic range by virtue of GIGA's Spectral Morphing (DEF).
- GigaViolin GVI: The modeled solo violin (now also as a VI version) with 15 swappable violin body models, numerous swappable environments, programmable gliss and mono/portamento, unique body model multi-mic mixing (combine up to six mics for custom impulse response body models).
Apart from the previously announced GigaViolin, no further information is available on Tascam's website, yet.
10 Dec 2010 Tascam releases Portastudio for iPad
19 May 2008 Tascam releases GigaStudio 4
05 Oct 2007 Tascam announces GigaStudio 4
24 Aug 2007 TASCAM releases Continuous Velocity Piano (GVI)
14 Aug 2007 Tascam updates GVI to v3.64
23 Jul 2007 Tascam updates GVI to v3.63
31 Jan 2007 Tascam announces 6 GIGA Virtual Instruments
11 Dec 2006 Tascam updates GigaStudio to v3.21
07 Jul 2011 Les Productions Zvon offers Summer Bundles
11 Jun 2011 A visit backstage at the Beatles LOVE Show
13 Oct 2009 Chicken Systems releases Instrument Manager
13 Mar 2009 Soundlib releases G-Player - Giga player for Mac