5th April 2011
Fly-Drums by Tekky Synths is a drum-machine to make drum patterns on the fly. It has no hidden controls, everything is there, on the front panel.
Designed to quickly create drum grooves ranging from dancehall and dubstep, to trance and techno, passing thru pop, Fly-Drums fits well in the "I need a beat... fast" VST folder for everyday composition crisis... With lots of random options (samples, pitch, pan, decay, pattern, etc.), real-time MIDI control, an intuitive GUI, an efficient workflow, automatic save/recall presets when closing/opening projects in host, an open architecture to load user drum-kits, Fly-Drums is a flexible, convenient and creative drum-machine.
As Fly-Drums accepts all wav files (44100Hz, 16-/24-bit Wav), users cannot only load their own sample-based drum-kits, but they can also load vocal samples, drum loops or entire songs. Fly-Drums becomes then the perfect tool for stutter effects, glitchy sequences or sliced/reordered new creative patterns. Add a complete multi-pole filter section with StepLFO modulation and a powerful FX unit to that.
- Loads any 44100Hz, 16-/24-bit Wave file.
- 4 instruments (players).
- Loads 1 entire sample folder in memory per player (convenient to build drum-kits e.g. 1 folder for kicks, 1 for hihats, 1 for snares and 1 for toms).
- Individual random sample selection per player.
- 1 detuner per instrument (octave/semi-tone).
- Random option for individual detuners.
- Mute for each instrument.
- 4x 16 steps sequencers.
- Individual timing selection per sequencer.
- Individual Random pattern option per sequencer.
- 2 "Lock 'n' Load" user patterns per sequencer with selection by any MIDI CC (with MIDI learn).
- 1x initiate pattern button.
- Shift pattern option per sequencer (left/right).
- Individual decay, pan and gain for each player.
- Main detuner with (semi-tone/fine).
- Comprehensive random options: 1x no player1 random button (apply random on player 2.3.4 sequencer patterns, to keep the kick pattern for example), 1x full random button (apply random on all sequencer patterns), samples, pitch, etc.
- Global shift (left/right) and 2 pattern alteration mode (with/without player 1).
- 1x multi-pole filter (12/24db) with cutoff, reso, pitch tracking, high-shelf filtering and boost level.
- 1x StepLFO filter modulation controlled by the master filter envelope: with adjustable timing, 16 steps, shift left/right, random, 8 lock 'n' recall memory slots. Can be turned on/off with any CC and patterns can also be selected with any CC (thru MIDI learn).
- Simplified FX rack controlled by random - click until you like...
- 1x stereo widener/boost FX based on random settings.
- 1x reverb based on random settings.
- 1x BPM delay with feedback and mix level control knobs, and random option.
- 1x phaser unit.
- Accurate MIDI sync.
- Complete new MIDI learn system implementation (now works in Cubase5).
- New double-click on knobs to restore default value.
- Collect samples feature: copy all used samples in /Fly-Drums kit folder. (handy to create drum-kits from various samples banks.
- 2 banks to get started (15 trance patches & 15 break patches).
Pricing & Availability
Fly-Drums costs €45 and is available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in.