Teragon Audio has released KickMaker v1.4.
It features the following improvements and bugfixes:
- KickMaker is now a pitched instrument. Instead of using absolute frequencies for the knobs, the frequency of each beat is determined by the incoming MIDI note. The knobs will add ± 10% Hz to this frequency, and the fine tuning knobs ± 1% Hz. We advise using notes in the C0-C1 range for the best kick sounds.
- A lowpass filter has been added to the effects section.
- Issues with distribution under Windows XP have been corrected. The dependence on the Visual Studio runtime has been removed (previous users upgrading from v1r3 may choose to uninstall the visual studio runtime if they choose).
- Improvements to the user interface, including a larger click area for the oscillator switches and text input handling for the preset display and menu.
- Other minor bugfixes and performance enhancements.
- Some new factory presets have been added to the "Generic" group.