ThaLoops has released Cello 4 Hip Hop, a Kontakt instrument developed for urban music producers.
The cello, worth 6k$, was sampled in a top studio using premium mics (A pair of Neumann U-87, Schoeps CMC641 and Blue Custom Microphone), run through a-class preamps. The instrument includes 861 wav samples of various cello articulations covering 5 velocity layers per note and real trigger release sounds:
- Detache (5 velocity layers per note, polyphonic, vibrato with mod. wheel).
- Legato (5 velocity layers per note, vibrato with mod. wheel).
- Staccato (5 velocity layers per note).
- Pizzicato (5 velocity layers per note).
- Authentic Glissandos (octaves on every string C,G,D,A, solo and fifths).
- Authentic Trills.
Cello 4 Hip Hop was developed not just for movie scoring producers, but also for musicians who produce in genres such as urban hip hop and pop - the strong, low end cello sound does not interfere with the powerful 808 layered hip hop kicks.
Covering 5 velocity layers per note of 1.4 GB individual 24-bit and 16-bit samples, Cello 4 Hip Hop includes presets in Kontakt and SoundFont formats.
Price: $34.95. For more information, please visit thaloops.com/virtual-cello-instrument