24th January 2011
The Lower Rhythm has released Basilisk, a full stereo, two-channel multi-band 'vibe' style effect geared towards electric piano, strings, pads and guitars.
The wet channel passes your signal through a 9-Band Equalizer, each band being modulated at an independently set rate with an adjustable waveform (4 choices). In addition, each band has a knob for adjusting the bandwidth for its dedicated center frequency. Next, your signal is fed into a stereo chorus effect (5 selectable waveforms) capable of everything from smooth flange to a glitchy blitter -- and for those more 'crusty' moods, a very fat lowpass filter is right there in order to trim off some of the highs. All that's left is to mix and match your wet and dry signals with two independent volume knobs in order to find that perfect blend.
- Fully stereo.
- Four master waveform choices.
- 9 bands of frequency divided 'vibe'.
- Bandwidth / Rate controls for each band.
- Utilizes phasing for smoother effect.
- Chorus effect with five selectable waveforms.
- Fat, Moog style master lowpass filter.
- Independent Wet / Dry signal volume controls.
Pricing & Availability
Basilisk costs $19.99 and is available for Windows as a VST effect plug-in.