Three (and a half) filter-bands arranged in a classic Low/Mid/High semi parametric layout are designed to offer fast and intuitive access to four EQ modes, each representing a set of distinct EQ curves and behaviors. An auto gain option automatically compensates for changes in perceived-loudness during EQ operation. Optionally, SlickEQ allows to exclusively process either the stereo sum or stereo difference (i.e. "stereo width") without additional sum/difference encoding.
In order to warm up the material with additional harmonic content, SlickEQ offers a switchable EQ non-linearity and an output stage with 3 different saturation models. These options are meant to offer subtle and interesting textures, rather than obvious distortion.
Beside the primary controls, the plug-in comes with an array of additional helpers: Advanced preset management, undo/redo, quick A/B comparison, copy & paste, an online help, editable labels, mouse-wheel support and more.
Key specs and features:
- Intuitive, yet flexible semi parametric EQ layout.
- Full featured, modern user interface with great usability and ergonomics.
- Carefully designed 64-bit "delta" multi-rate structure.
- Three EQ bands with additional 18dB/Oct high-pass filter.
- Four distinct EQ models: "American", "British", "German" and "Soviet" with optional non-linearity.
- Four output stages: "Linear", "Silky", "Mellow" and "Deep".
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS ("stateful saturation").
- Highly effective and musically pleasing loudness compensated auto gain control.
- Oversampled signal path including stateful saturation algorithms.
- Stereo and sum/difference processing options.
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more.
Price: Free. SlickEQ is available for 32- and 64-bit Mac OS X and Windows in VST and AU plug-in formats.