Tone2 says that Rayblaster employs a new synthesis technique called Impulse Modelling Synthesis (IMS). Opposed to using looped waveforms, Impulse Modelling Synthesis creates its sound by using short bursts of energy, which are then combined to form its sound. This allows free manipulation of pitch, time and timbre in real-time to create complex compositions.
Tone2 says IMS no longer requires a separate filter section, its oscillators can authentically mimic the filter sound of other synthesizers and filters, using one of the factory impulse presets or by simply importing one of your own impulses. RayBlaster is capable of modelling both the sound of existing filters, as well as create completely new artificial filters, exclusive to Rayblaster.
Next to importing filter characteristics into Rayblaster's oscillators, you can also import the waveform of any other source or synthesizer. By using one of Rayblaster's quick importers, or by directly importing your sample into one of Rayblaster's four oscillators, provides a large amount of possible wave-shapes, all capable of being morphed in real-time.
- New synthesis method: Impulse Modelling Synthesis.
- IMS synthesis provides independent control over pitch, timing and timbre.
- Filter impulse import: mimic the filters of other synthesizers or create your own experimental / fantasy filters.
- Resynthesis allows for import & manipulation of your own sounds.
- Quick importers for resynthesis or drumloop synthesis.
- Psychoacoustic processing.
- Easy to use & fun to play.
- 500+ ready-to-use sounds patched by professional designers.
- Low CPU.
- 18 high quality effects.
- LFOs capable of running at audio-rate.
- Arpeggiator section with extensive configuration possibilities; swing, chord steps, step velocity,...
- Modulation Matrix with several new modulation features, including unique modulation value modifiers.
Pricing has not yet been announced.