Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced the forthcoming release of its new Saurus Analog Synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X.
Saurus employs True Analog Modelling Technology and a host of unique features, bringing the classic analog sound into the digital realm with numerous innovative enhancements.
The circuits of several well respected performance synthesizers were carefully measured and analysed to capture the unique characteristics & response curve of the original hardware.This was used to reconstruct a truly accurate model of analog hardware. Add to that a high quality oscillator and filter section, a feature-laden arpeggiator bundled with an extremely wide range of modulation possibilities and you've got not just another synth with character but one that also offers a multitude of sound sculpting opportunities.
- True Analog Modeling Technology.
- High-end sound quality.
- Covers all important aspects of traditional analog synths.
- Low CPU usage.
- Mono, Legato & Polyphonic modes employing analog voice management.
- Two Syncable Oscillators and two Sub Oscillators.
- Not just standard waveforms like square and saw but also a large number of waveform types from exotic analog synths.
- Pulse Width Modulation and Oscillator Sync applicable to every waveform.
- Oscillator Drift, Phase and Noise Modulation controls.
- Noise FM, AM and Ring Modulation for Oscillators.
- High quality analog filter section with self-oscillation, nonlinearity, 6 filter types, filter FM and filter feedback.
- LFOs capable of running at audio-rate.
- Arpeggiator section with extensive configuration possibilities; swing, chord steps, step velocity,...
- Modulation Matrix with several new modulation features, including unique modulation value modifiers.
- Programmable gate.
- 4x Stereo Unison modes with spread and panning control.
- Analog modeled Distortion and Tube amp.
- Optional (on/off) Psycho-Acoustic processing.
- High-end quality Effects.
Pricing and formats have not yet been announced.