ToneBoosters has updated all its Windows and Mac OS X VST and AU plug-ins to version 2.8.6.
- Added check marks to drop-down menus.
- Added control and alt key modifiers to lock x/y-only movement for nodes.
- Added snap to zero functionality for nodes.
- Various GUI redraw CPU complexity reductions.
- Slightly increased font size in almost all plugins for better readability on high-resolution screens.
- Added output level control.
- Modified GUI color schemes; filter section control colors are now context dependent.
- Improved octave-based averaging in frequency analyzer.
- Doubled frequency resolution of the frequency analyzer.
- Fixed GUI display bug when automating input gain level.
- Improved auto-saturation algorithm.
- Added mode without peak hold on VU meters in realtime analysis display.
- Almost complete redesign of the internal DSP core.
- Added 30 new filter prototypes, including non-resonating shelving filters, spectral balance filters, analog filters, and many others.
- Filters now have Q controls.
- Filters can now be set to process in stereo, mid, side, left or right modes.
- Automatic filter shape generation + visualization when in "auto node link" filter mode to give a smooth, interpolated EQ.
- Added additional, more traditional controls (frequency, gain) to facilitate easier editing.
- Improvement in spectrum analyzer frequency resolution – now features a 4096-point frequency analyzer with zoom functionality.
- Soft/hard knee compressor curve can now be set independently from the number of active nodes.
- Compressor nodes snap to X=Y for easier editing.
- Compressor side chain can use stereo, mid, side, left, right, or side/mid for input level detection.
- Added compressor make-up level control.
- Added processing "amount" control for each filter section.
- Context-dependent control colors to guide editing.
- Larger GUI for easier editing.
- Auto-phase option: equalizer phase automatically blends between linear and minimum phase for better transient response.
- Note: due to the significant changes in this plugin, the current version is not compatible with its initial release.