17th February 2009
Tonehammer has announced the release of a new Kontakt-based instrument: Cylindrum.
The Cylindrum is a massive custom-built tuned percussion instrument ranging over 4 octaves. The Cylindrum contains three separate variations of the instrument (light, dry and wet). The light version is made from a series of 1.5 inch PVC pipes played by tapping fingers over one end, while microphones were positioned in the opposite end. The dry version was made with a series of 4 inch ADS corrugated tubes with an open-ended rubber head played with a paddle. The wet version was recorded in Tonehammer's signature hall and has more overtones - and percussive feel than the dry and light versions - resulting in a sort of tuned tom-tom sound.
- Dry and Wet Recordings.
- 10x round robin and 8-10 velocities for dry and wet version.
- Cylindrum Light (1.5 inch PVC Pipes tapped w/ fingers).
- Cylindrum Dry (4 inch PVC Pipes played with rubber mallet, includes muted hits w/pedal).
- Cylindrum Wet (Massive PVC Pipes recorded in orchestral hall).
- Cylindrones (Ambient Drones made from Cylindrum samples).
- Extensive read me install, patch and hint documentation (.pdf).
- 8 instrument patches; 3,362 samples; 844 MB installed; 266 MB .rar download.
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz/16Bit stereo .wav format.
- Format(s): Kontakt 2 and .wav. (Kontakt 2.2.4 / 3 full retail versions required).
Pricing & Availability
Cylindrum has an MSRP of $39. Native Instruments Kontakt 2.2.4+ required.
27 Jun 2011 Tonehammer releases Ambient Guitar for Kontakt
02 Sep 2010 Tonehammer release Requiem Pro for Kontakt
26 Mar 2010 Tonehammer releases Bizarre Sitar for Kontakt
08 Feb 2010 Tonehammer releases Riq Drum for Kontakt
29 Jan 2010 Tonehammer releases Solo Dhol for Kontakt
22 Jan 2010 Tonehammer releases Shake for Kontakt
15 May 2013 Sonokinetic releases "Accordion" for Kontakt