Toontrack has updated Beatstation to version 1.0.3. This update is recommended for all users but particularly for those running the latest operating systems released by Microsoft and Apple.
- 64-bit hosts support on Mac.
- Support for EZX/SDX preset instruments as specified by the library configuration files.
- A new Toggle Metronome option has been added to the Settings menu (standalone).
Fixed in version 1.0.3:
- The crash on Japanese systems in Sonar should no longer occur.
- A bug in the sample recorder causing crashes on Mac has been fixed.
- A number of memory leaks have been fixed.
- Fix for drag and drop to the plug-in in Pro Tools 10.0 or higher on Mac.
- MIDI and REX grooves start from the beginning when not syncing to the host timeline and are played for the first time.
- You now always get the same MIDI loop when dragging as the one that is played - no new random flam.
- The default layout has been changed to 6x4 in the full version (as in the demo).
- The instruments in the Sounds tab are now alphabetically sorted (except Bass and Lead, which are always at the top).
- Clicking below or above the scroll handle should no longer shift the contents of the browser more than a page at a time.
- Key 120 on the lead pad, a key with no function, is now hidden.
- The mouse wheel now works on a secondary screen to the left of the primary screen (Windows).
- Horizontal mouse wheel scroll support on Windows - shift+vertical wheel can also be used.
- The standalone window position is now properly saved even if the window is minimized on Windows.
- The standalone host now constrains the window position to the current screen size at startup.
- The 'Set Plug-In Path' menu entry can now be found in the Settings menu in standalone mode.
- The default instrument has been improved for MIDI playback of our various drum MIDI.
- Misc non operational changes (pad labels, etc.).