18th January 2007
Toontrack has unveiled EZplayer Free, a MIDI bridge, organizer and wrapper between different drum sampler formats.
EZplayer Free is the MIDI browser from Toontrack's dfh EZdrummer and it showcases the MIDI handling capabilities of EZdrummer and lets you add, catalogue, audition and use your MIDI files with your favorite drum sampler. It is also the first step towards EZplayer, which will be unveiled and released later in the spring and will boast much extended functionality for performers as well as composers. EZplayer will be available through all Toontrack Music distributors. Exact release dates and pricing are as yet unavailable.
- Showcases the EZ MIDI handling as used in EZdrummer.
- Organizes and converts MIDI files to the mapping of all the major acoustic drum samplers available on the market.
- Ensures current and future dfh Superior users can access MIDI content and functionality.
- Gives users the capability to add their own MIDI into the EZplayer browser.
- Is compatible with the MIDI libraries shipping with EZdrummer's EZXs expansion packs.
- Supports drag and drop capabilities into all major hosts.
- Gives the user the ability to import and use MIDI in EZplayer Free from any of the drum sampler formats supported by the software.
- Contains a number of free MIDI files.
Both EZplayer Free and EZplayer will be available for Windows and Mac OS X (Universal Binary) in VST, AU and RTAS formats. For more info on what EZplayer does, and is, check out the EZplayer Q&A.
EZplayer Free will be released to all registering and registered Toontrack customers in the coming weeks.