12th November 2008
Topten Software has announced the first beta release of version 2.0 of Cantabile in three editions - Cantabile Lite (Free), Cantabile Solo ($40) and Cantabile Performer ($130). Beta version downloads, pre-order and more information is available from the new website.
- New - Office 2007 style "Fluent" user-interface.
- New - customizable Quick Access toolbar.
- New - customizable Status bar.
- New - pinnable recent session menu keeps favourite sessions handy.
- New - plug-in selector for insert/replace plug-in.
- New - support for multiple triggerable audio/MIDI players (maximum of 2 in Lite).
- New - audio file playback support (wave and mp3).
- New - undo/redo, drag/drop and clipboard support.
- New - recordings list panel, shows all recordings in a session with options to auto-delete unwanted recordings.
- New - Null Audio Driver.
- New - 64-bit version for Vista x64.
- Improved - synchronization between metronome and media files.
- Improved - Options dialog.
- Improved - usability from PC keyboard.
- Improved - performance on multi-core CPUs.
- Improved - new file format considerably reduces size of saved sessions.
- Improved - ability to capture keyboard even when other applications are active.
- Improved - support for Wave64 audio files (overcomes 4Gb limit of traditional wave file).
- Removed - Plugin Organiser (no longer needed with new plugin selector).
- Removed - MIDI controller assignments (removed from Cantabile Lite only).
- Removed - MIDI filters (removed from Cantabile Lite only).
- Many other miscellaneous improvements.
- New - session list window replaces Quick Sessions.
- New - 8 customizable on-screen MIDI controllers (4 sliders, 4 buttons).
- New - Support for Unloaded plugins - plugin is unloaded, but Cantabile maintains its state.
- New - Unlimited media file players.
- New - ability to save per-session MIDI controller assignments for global items.
- Improved - MIDI Controller Assignments dialog.
- New - sub-sessions allow saving multiple named states within the one session.
- New - session list now supports loading session/sub-session pairs.
- New - MIDI routing table - easily route MIDI events from input ports to racks or external devices.
- New - Triggers - send MIDI configuration events on session load, sub-session load, transport play, etc.
- New - ability to send and receive MIDI clock.
- New - support for 64-bit audio processing and recording.