Tronsonic has released DCO, a new "precision" synth module for the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt (5.0.3 or later). This is Tronsonic's first non-tape sampled library.
The word 'precision' is used for two reasons - firstly the digitally controlled oscillators of the original analogue synth maintain a very accurate tuning, and secondly because no tape was used in the recordings of these waveforms, which in turn keeps them very true and precise to the originals (allowing a less characterful and more 'scientific' synthesis to take place within Kontakt).
This makes DCO a suitable companion for Tronto, as their sounds contrast each other well.
In exchange for not using tape, the tape saturation plugin within Kontakt 5 is enabled, along with the regular saturation effect and Tronsonic's own tape and valve impulse response within the convolution reverb. This is all simultaneously activated with the 'saturation' button on the interface.
- 7 phase aligned waveforms from a legendary 1980s Japanese DCO analogue synth.
- Recorded using vintage valve pre-amps without tape, for waveform precision.
- A choice of 30 filters.
- 6 LFOs, two per section (oscillator, filter, amplifier).
- 2 global LFOs and an AHD envelope modulating each of the 6 LFOs.
- 36 variations of spring reverb.
- Over 100 Presets (many with a 'modular' style sound).
- Link synths with 'Tronto' in multi-mode for dual oscillators and control.
- Unique tape 'saturation' button with custom tape/tube impulse response.
- With tuned self-oscillation and extra fat sawtooth/square bass samples.
This instrument contains 7 different sets of samples - each spanning over 7 octaves, apart from the sub saw/square bass, which is limited to the lower octaves only. All samples manually looped with phase-aligned start points
Introductory price is Â£14.99. Includes 25% discount code for 'Tronto'. Existing Tronto owners will always be able to purchase this for the current 25% off intro offer.