16th February 2012
TubeOhm has announced the release of version 1.06 of Alpha-Ray, a new VA synth VSTi for Windows. The "4Free" version of this plug-in is free but you can also purchase the "A-R" version for €4.95, which enables saving the effects settings per patch.
Alpha-Ray is a three oscillator per voice, 10 voice polyphonic VA synthesizer. This instrument has an inbuilt poly overdrive. The VCF can switch from a ladder to a state variable mode. The main filter in connection with a 6 dB HP filter gives a BP-filter with adjustable bandwidth.
Alpha-Ray is usable for all kind of VA sounds and specially also for really heavy distortion lead Sounds. On board are four additional effects, overdrive, chorus, delay and reverb.
The Alpha-Ray 4free version is fully working except saving of the effect parameters is disabled.
- Two main Oscillators and one Sub-Oscillator / 10 Voices polyphony.
- Two main LFOs and one modulation LFO (pitch wheel), tempo host sync and phase sync.
- Three Filter, a 6 dB HP, a 24 dB Ladder or a main 12 dB State Variable Filter. The 6dB Filter coupled to the main filter gives a BP filter.
- OSC FM with OSC 1+2 and OSC Sync with OSC 1+2.
- Polyphonic Overdrive for OSC 1, 2 and sub OSC.
- Auto Portamento.
- Manual in 4 languages, German, English, French, Italian.
- MIDI Learn for the most important functions.
Additionally, unlocking A-R for 4.95€ enables saving the effects settings per patch.
- Two stage Overdrive.
- Three stage Chorus.
- Delay 'x' and ' normal mode, tempo sync to host.
- Special Reverb, delay cluster, normal reverb, oil tank effect.