Twisted Tools has released S-LAYER for Reaktor, a sound creation tool that allows you to create, edit and play new sound combinations by taking samples and layering them together using an eight part sampler and an intuitive cell layout.
By combining sounds from the included sample map or your existing sample library, S-LAYER facilitates the discovery of new one-shots, sound effects and loops using pre-existing sample content.
With S-LAYER, up to eight parts are played back and manipulated simultaneously using an advanced layered sampler engine, where each layer remains independent and can be surgically edited.
Time-tested sound design techniques such as reversing, pitching, modulating and mixing sounds together can be quickly achieved by randomizing and fine-tuning with sliders and knobs. In addition to the on-board granular, filter and time-based effects, you can also connect your own effects using the insert/send system or by using the direct outputs. Once you've found a sound combination that you like, you can store it on-the-fly in one of eight 'Scenes' which can be dynamically played backed and controlled using MIDI.
In addition to the included sample library featuring sounds from many renowned sound designers, S-LAYER comes bundled with an iPad Lemur MIDI template by Antonio Blanca and a MIDI template for Native Instruments' Maschine.
- Advanced layered sampler engine.
- Intuitive and fast parameter cell interface.
- Layered playback and editing of up to eight samples simultaneously.
- Independent sampler, filter, grain and FX send controls per layer.
- Extensive randomization options.
- 4 assignable Modulation Sequencers with independent speed and length controls.
- 4 assignable Wrapper knobs to offset cell slider positions and modulate live.
- 8 Scenes per preset that store and recall parameter settings and modulation.
- Insert/FX Send system to connect and modulate your own effects.
- Transpose Mode to play layered sound combinations chromatically.
- Direct Outs per voice for Multi-Out Instrument support using DAWs or hardware effects.
- BPM Sync mode for loops and tempo synced one-shots.
- iPad Lemur MIDI template by Antonio Blanca.
- NI Maschine MIDI template by Twisted Tools.
- 128 samples included in the default sample map.
- Over 2500 preset sound variations.
Sample content and sound design by: Antonio Blanca, Richard Devine, Delect (Chris De Luca/Leonard De Leonard), EVAC, Glitchmachines, Jedsound, Miguel Isaza, Mike Huckaby, pNORTNAOMI, Surachai and Tonebuilder.
Price: $69. Available at twistedtools.com.
14 Sep 2011 Twisted Tools releases "Rolodecks" for Reaktor 5
15 Feb 2011 Twisted Tools releases Scapes for Reaktor
07 Mar 2014 ADSR releases Bassic - Bass Synth for Reaktor
31 Jan 2014 Icebreaker Audio Reaktor Instrument Sale
10 Jan 2014 Need a Name releases "Aria" for Reaktor