7th December 2005
The full version is expected to be released in early 2006 but a fully functional preview version is already available for download (it lacks some features).
Zebra 2 can be pre-ordered for $169 (full price will be $199); upgrades from Zebra 1.5 will be available. An interesting "Dinosaur Crossgrade" offer is also available, which could get new purchasers $50 off of its normal price for a little work on their side.
Modules & Key Features (subject to change)
- Synthesis Grid with 4 x 12 module matrix.
- Effects Grid with 3 x 6 effects matrix.
- Mixer for each output in Synthesis Grid.
- Sends/Returns for Channels 2 & 3 of Effects Grid.
- 4 x Oscillator
- 16 editable wavetables/curves.
- Additive or graphical wavetable generation (4 modes).
- Single, dual, quad modes.
- Sync and PWM for any waveform.
- 2 special oscillator effect sections, 17 types each.
- Mix and panning.
- Resolution controls modulation accuracy vs. cpu hunger.
- 4 x Filter
- 18 types.
- Includes phasers, formant filters and analog modelled lowpass filters.
- 4 x FM Oscillators
- FM by input from any other module in the signal chain.
- FM by self (feedback).
- Amplitude Modulation mode (AM).
- Alternative FM using a lowpass filter on input signal.
- Mono or stereo operation with pan, mix and width.
- 2 x Noise Generator
- White, Pink, Digital, Crackles.
- 2 built in filters to vary the noise generation.
- Mono or stereo operation with pan, mix and width.
- 2 x Comb Filter
Comb filters are short delay lines with a feedback path. They can be used for flanging effects or spectral mangling of sound. The feedback can cause self oscillation. When played "in tune" with some damping, comb filters provide a vast source of "alive" sounds. This is often used as a building block for digital models of natural instruments such as strings and wind instruments.
- 5 modes with different types of feedback networks.
- Up to 4 comb filters in the network.
- PreFill function initializes delay buffers with noise.
- Frequency independent feedback.
- Damping and waveshaping of feedback signal.
- Control of delay time ratios.
- Alternative input point for some types (Flavour).
- 2 x Ring Modulator: Oversampled, aliasing free ring-modulation.
- 2 x Shaper
- Currently just one soft saturation mode (work in progress...).
- Edge parameter for band selective waveshaping, leaving treble untouched.
- Depth parameter for mode specific variations (i.e. asymmetry).
- 4 x Channel Mixer: Combines Grid Channels.
- more to come... tba
- 2 x ModFX
- Chorus/Flanger, Phorus and Phaser modes.
- Signal split to operate on variable mid bands.
- Optional equalization.
- Optional Quadrature element.
- 2 x Delay
- Stereo, Dubby, Multitap modes.
- Pan, sync and ratio (percentage of sync) for up to 4 taps.
- Lowpass and highpass on feedback.
- Normal feedback and crossover feedback for ping-pong delays.
- 1 x Reverb
- Currently 2 models.
- Reverberator (delay network) and Diffusor (allpass network).
- Range parameter scales delay lengths (similar to room size).
- Independent Range for Reverberator and Diffusor for artificial rooms.
- Feedback in Reverberator controls decay, can be infinite.
- Feedback control in Diffusor (smooth diffusion, slap back).
- Warm, smooth modulation.
- 2 x Shaper: See Shapers in Synthesis Grid.
- 1 x Ring Modulator: See Ring Modulators in Synthesis Grid.
- 2 x Channel Mixer: See Channel Mixer in Synthesis Grid.
- More to come... compressor, eq, etc.
- Breath Control
- Key Follow
- 4 x Envelope
- Fall/Rise for Sustain Phase.
- Optional Init value or Delay.
- Optional Sustain2, Loop Time or Release2.
- Variable Slope mode.
- Different time bases, including sync to host tempo.
- Every parameter can be scaled by Velocity and Keyfollow.
- 6 x LFO (2 global, 4 per voice)
- 8 waveforms.
- Modulatable Amplitude and Rate (voice only).
- Delay (voice only).
- 4 x MultiStage Envelope Generator
- Up to 32 nodes.
- Variable slopes for each segment.
- Various meta controls are not yet in the preview version.
- more to come... modulation mixer, scaling operator, arpeggiator, etc.
- Modulation Matrix.
- Arpeggiator (not yet in preview, see Filterscape to get an impression).
- Alternative tunings (not yet in preview).
- Module presets (not yet in preview).
- Tons of patches in the works.
- and more...
30 Apr 2013 u-he updates all their plug-ins
17 Dec 2012 u-he release Uhbik G, P and D Rack Extensions
15 Oct 2012 u-he release Uhbik-Q and Uhbik-F Rack Extensions
26 Aug 2012 u-he updates Diva to v1.1.1 and Zebra2 to v2.5.4
24 Jul 2012 u-he releases The Dark Zebra and ZebraHZ
08 May 2012 u-he updates Diva to v1.1 - Boosts Performance
17 Jan 2012 u-he updates Diva to v1.0.1
15 Apr 2011 Amazona.de & Urs Heckmann release Tyrell Nexus 6
18 Dec 2009 u-he updates Zebra to v2.5
09 Dec 2009 u-he releases ACE (Any Cable Everywhere)
28 Mar 2013 Arte Nuovo releases Padsheaven2 for Zebra
06 Aug 2012 Arte Nuovo releases Padsheaven for Zebra
25 Feb 2011 EDT Audio releases Zebrosis for Zebra
06 Sep 2010 KVR Ten Winners for July & August Announced
05 Jan 2010 Alonso Sound updates Zebra2 Soundset
23 Oct 2009 Tasmodia releases Zebra Playground (for Zebra2)
14 Aug 2009 Alonso Sound releases Zebra2 Soundset
23 Jul 2009 Sonic Element releases Valkyrie for Zebra2