26th November 2009
Ahead of the full release in December, u-he has released a Beta Demo version of ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) and made it available for sale.
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) aims to deliver top quality sound at a competitive price. The selection of modules and clear layout make ACE the ideal instrument for newcomers delving into the fascinating world of modular synthesis. The number of ways to connect modules together is practically infinite, and you will soon discover how much more fun it is to make your own sounds in ACE than in a non-modular synthesizer, according to u-he.
ACE may seem underspec'ed judging from its raw feature list, but bear in mind that virtually everything can be plugged into everything else. You can plug an LFO into a Filter and from there use it as a source for FM.
- 2 x LFO (1 sine, 1 sine/tri/saw/sqr) 0Hz - 20kHz.
- 2 x ADSR (same as Bazille).
- 2 x VCO (saw/PWM) 0Hz - 20kHz, VCO1 with SubOsc.
- 2 x VCF (two variable outlets each: LP1/LP2/LP3/LP4, HP/BP/BR).
- 2 x VCA/Pan.
- 2 x Multiples (as in Bazille).
- 1 x Mixer (Osc balance, Sub, Noise, Aux).
- 1 x Ramp Generator (up->hold->down->rest, loops if rest < 100).
- 1 x Mapping Generator (creates variable values for each note or key, can be used as custom waveform for LFO2).
- 1 x noise (white, pink).
- 1 x the common extras, such as Glide/Glide2.
- 1 x stereo chorus (global).
- 1 x ping pong delay (global).
- 1 x Bass/Treble booster (global).
25 signal sources, 30+ signal targets, some paths wired internally so that it makes noise even without a single cable attached (think ARP 2600). 100% free of Supersaw. Instead it has:
- Exceptional sync /w FM (VCO1->VCO2, think Cross-modulation).
- LFOs that can be used as additional VCOs and vice versa.
- Exceptional filter sound including convincing self oscillation.
- Support for .tun files.
Pricing & Availability
ACE costs €69 (incl. 19% VAT) and the beta version is now available for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST/AU/RTAS) 10.4+.