Ueberschall has released Upright Bass, a new Elastik Player-powered library, the latest title in Ueberschall's instrument-series where every volume focuses on a single instrument.
The loops and licks of this library cover multiple playing techniques and articulations of the upright bass: flageolet, walking bass, half time, slides, bends, double notes and a lot more.
The spectrum covered by this library is versatile. The loops and their delicate groove do not only match Soul, Funk and Jazz but also related and influenced styles - Trip Hop, Breakbeat, Lounge, House, RnB or Rare Groove, etc. Additionally, by using creative filter- and effect processing, these loops will also add and push the bass in modern genres such as Drum & Bass or Dubstep. The bass licks are between two and eight bars in length with tempos ranging from 61 to 130 BPM.
Thanks to professional recording techniques, you will not only hear but also feel the full deepness of the Upright Bass as well as its assertive and harmonically rich sound elements that are even present on laptop- and small speaker systems. All recordings have been carried out at 44.1 kHz and 24-bit with proven high-quality gear to achieve the best possible sound quality.
Each of the 437 bass-grooves is available in three versions resulting in a total of 1.311 loops.
- Mixed: This version mixes microphone- and piezo-recordings, resulting in a round sound with convincing transients and silky highs. These loops are suited to be used directly in a song arrangement.
- Mic: This version only includes the microphone recording. By using an excellent Neumann unit, the warm, round sound of the bass was captured truthfully.
- Piezo: This version recorded the instrument's sound directly at the instrument's bridge using a piezo-pickup. This technique assures optimal transients and upper frequency reproduction.
By using versions 2 and 3, it is possible to create a custom tailored sound matching your production.
Ueberschall's Elastik Player allows fast changes to the tempo and pitch of any loop in Upright in best sound quality. Using the integrated browser, the loops of all installed Elastik-libraries can easily be searched and combined with the loops of Upright Bass to create individual tracks.
With functions such as resample, formant and reverse as well as an effective multi mode filter, the loops of Upright Bass can be easily be modified and alienated and make them suitable for different styles of music.
- Upright Bass played by Christian Flohr.
- 945 MB, 437 Upright Bass Loops.
- Genres: Soul, Jazz, RnB, Funk, Trip Hop, House, Chillout, Ambient, Lounge.
- Elastik sound bank for Mac/PC/AU/VST/RTAS/Stand-Alone.
- Elastik Player included - no sampler required.