5th December 2005
Metallurgy offers 3 filters with multiple modulation options (including step sequencing), 2 distortions (each with 3 modes), 2 down-samplers, dual delay, an envelope follower, a gate sequencer, and a Metal effect that, in addition to flanging and metallic effects, also provides the ability to produce pitched sequences, nearly turning Metallurgy into an synth in its own right.
Metallurgy has been designed with synths, bass, and drums in mind, but is useful with a wide range of sound types and comes with over 400 categorized patches.
- Metal effect:
- Used for metallic sounds, flanging, and sequenced notes.
- 16 step pitch sequencer with a 5 octave note range, portamento, and sequence length.
- Low pass, band pass, and high pass.
- All 3 filters can function at the same time, running in parallel.
- Each filter has its own LFO.
- 16 step sequencer with mod amount control for each filter, glide, and sequence length.
- Each filter has its own volume control.
- Filth 1 and 2; each includes:
- Distortion with 3 modes.
- LFO controls the down-samplers (8 modes, including positive and negative options).
- Filth 1 = pre filter, Filth 2 = post filter.
- Gate sequencer:
- 16 steps.
- Gate length control.
- Mix control.
- Dual Delay:
- Each has its own time controls.
- Stereo width adjustment.
- Envelope follower:
- Modulate any/all of the 3 filter cutoffs.
- Modulate Metal time + the Metal's all pass filter.
- Amount, attack and decay controls.
- Randomizers are provided for most sections.
- MIDI CC control over nearly all parameters.
- Host BPM sync for LFOs and sequencers.
- Mono signal path.
Metallurgy costs $20 and a demo version is available. The demo has 64 presets and an occasional volume dropout.
15 Jul 2009 Ugo releases Ironhead:Spawn
28 Nov 2008 Ugo launches Holiday Sale
14 Jul 2008 Ugo updates Disturbance to v1.0.1
27 Sep 2006 Ugo releases Ironhead and Tunguska
20 Mar 2006 Ugo releases Rez v2.0
05 Dec 2005 Ugo releases Metallurgy v1.0
18 Apr 2005 Ugo releases String Theory v1.5
14 Dec 2004 Ugo updates Texture to v1.2.1
09 Aug 2004 Ugo Motion v2.8 released