Universal Audio has announced that Pro Tools 11 and AAX 64 support for UAD Powered Plug-Ins is now available as a public beta for Mac users.
UAD software v7.4.1 is a free public beta that gives Pro Tools 11 users:
- Total session and automation compatibility with earlier versions of Pro Tools.
- Access to the complete library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins in AAX 64.
- Seamless interoperability with Apollo series interfaces and Realtime UAD Processing.
- Support for Pro Tools 11's faster-than-realtime (offline) bounce feature.
UA has also added some new functionality including:
- AudioSuite processing for file-based workflows, which allows you to process files and selections with UAD plug-ins, commit the changes and free up DSP.
- Multi-mono support, so you can use UAD plug-ins on surround and stereo tracks with full linking and unlinking capability.
The UAD v7.4.1 public beta has proven both stable and reliable in UA's extensive internal testing. They are currently working on full qualification testing on Mac OS X and finishing Windows 7 AAX 64 support. Both Mac and Windows will be shipping in early 2014.
For more information about UAD and AAX 64 compatibility read the blog post here.
Read the release notes (including known issues) here.
To download the Mac beta, click here.
24 Jan 2014 Universal Audio Announces Unison Technology
20 May 2013 Universal Audio ships Apollo 16 Audio Interface
15 Feb 2013 Universal Audio releases UAD v6.5 software
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim