Universal Audio has announced the Precision K-Stereo Ambience Recovery Plug-In for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo Audio Interface. Created by Universal Audio in collaboration with mastering engineer Bob Katz, the K-Stereo Ambience Recovery plug-in extracts ambient cues from source recordings — allowing users to enhance the stereo depth and imaging of mixes without unnatural artifacts.
Designed for critical 2-track mastering or post-production applications, the K-Stereo plug-in offers a "do-no-harm" approach to adding depth and width to busy or narrow-sounding mixes. Using elements of the Haas effect and other psychoacoustic principles, the plug-in transparently enhances existing ambience and early reflections without adding artificial reverb or changing the ratio of center elements to side elements.
- Ambience recovery and stereo processing tool, created and patented by mastering engineer Bob Katz.
- Extracts ambient cues from the source material, naturally adding depth and width to the stereo field.
- Designed for fixing busy or "narrow" mixes at the mastering stage.
- 3-band Ambience Filter EQ for further shaping the effect.
- Mid/Side gain controls available to adjust the center-to-side balance.
- Left/Right Gain controls for final stereo image balancing and leveling.
- Custom user presets created by Bob Katz.
Price: $199 US via UA's Online Store. Available as part of the upcoming UAD Software v6.3.2 release, scheduled for early November.
20 May 2013 Universal Audio ships Apollo 16 Audio Interface
15 Feb 2013 Universal Audio releases UAD v6.5 software