Universal Audio has announced the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Plug-In for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo Audio Interface. Created by UAD Direct Development partner Brainworx and Shadow Hills Industries founder Peter Reardon.
As the go-to compressor on recordings by Muse, Gnarls Barkley, Coldplay, John Mayer, Regina Spektor, and more, the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor is designed to feature a world-class signal path, controlling music dynamics in two stages — first with an Optical section, then with a Discrete (VCA) section. Both sections can be bypassed, providing a variety of compression sounds (Optical, Discrete, and combined) from a velvet touch to an iron fist.
Like the hardware version, the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor plug-in offers selection of three distinct output transformers (Nickel, Iron, and Steel) — taking the signal from "clean" to "colored" and "dirty" — as if selecting from the output stages of three distinct classic analog consoles.
- Emulation of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, licensed and endorsed by Peter Reardon.
- Created by Brainworx, developed exclusively for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform.
- Separate Optical and Discrete (VCA) dynamics sections for two-stage serial dynamics control.
- Transformer matrix switches between Nickel, Iron, and Steel output transformers — like selecting between 3 distinct vintage console outputs.
- 90Hz sidechain filtering for musical compression of low-frequency program material.
- Large VU meters provide Optical, Discrete, or Output gain views.
- Custom presets created by Shadow Hills founder and designer Peter Reardon.
Price: $299 US from UA's Online Store. Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor will be available as part of the upcoming UAD Software v6.3.2 release, scheduled for early November.
24 Jan 2014 Universal Audio Announces Unison Technology
20 May 2013 Universal Audio ships Apollo 16 Audio Interface
15 Feb 2013 Universal Audio releases UAD v6.5 software