Universal Audio has announced that with the newly released UAD Software v9.1, Windows 10 PC users now have the same mix and match capabilities as Mac users, enabling them to cascade up to four Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces for up to 64 x 64 channels of analog I/O*. Up to six UAD-2 or Apollo devices can be combined, allowing for UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators to be added for additional plug-in processing power.
In addition, UAD Software v9.1 extends Console 2 software support to users of multiple Apollo FireWire devices, offering dynamic new workflow options such as high resolution graphics, dynamic application resizing, Channel Strip windows, Drag and Drop plug-ins, UAD Monitor/Record per input, and more. All Apollo interfaces now feature Console 2 software.
Finally, UAD Software v9.1 is fully qualified for use with macOS Sierra**.
New UAD Software v9.1 Compatibility Features:
- Connect up to four Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces to Thunderbolt 3-equipped Windows 10 PCs for up to 64 x 64 Analog I/O.
- Mix-and-match the entire series of Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces — plus UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt devices for DSP expansion — up to six total devices on either Mac or PC.
- Console 2 software for two Apollo FireWire or two Apollo 16 FireWire units.
- Full qualification of macOS Sierra.
* Qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter required for Thunderbolt 3 connections, limit one Apollo Twin.
** MacOS Sierra requires UAD Software v9. Previous versions of UAD Software are incompatible.