Universal Audio has released the Ocean Way Studios Plug-In for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform. Developed over a three-year period by UA and Allen Sides, Ocean Way Studios combines elements of room, microphone, and source modeling so tracks sound as if they were recorded in the legendary studios of Ocean Way Recording.
Built upon UA's proprietary new Dynamic Room Modeling, Ocean Way Studios provides the unique ambience and dispersion properties of various sources in the rooms at Ocean Way, as recorded through a selection of rare vintage microphones that can be dynamically positioned in real time via a simple click-and-drag interface. Ideal mic selections and placements are provided in both Ocean Way Recording's "Studio A" and "Studio B " — the exact rooms and setups used to record some of the biggest acts of all time.
"Ocean Way Studios is one of the most ambitious projects in UA history," explains Bill Putnam, Jr., UA founder and CEO. "We're going far beyond previous convolution technologies to provide the complex interactions between room, source, and microphones — the things that make the acoustics at studios like Ocean Way Recording so special".
"The Ocean Way Studios plug-in comes as close to pulling up a set of my favorite mics at Ocean Way as I could imagine," said Allen Sides. "The speed at which I can use this in a mixing configuration is ridiculous, and the results are stunning".
- Acoustic emulations of Ocean Way Recording's legendary Studio A and Studio B.
- Dynamic Room Modeling combines room, microphone, and source models for "unprecedented realism".
- Incorporates sonic profiles of vintage microphones from Allen Side's world-renowned collection.
- Includes mic bleed and mic proximity effects for "stunning accuracy".
- Choose from eight instrument / vocal source types with unique dispersion patterns.
- Position and blend between three vintage mic pairs (Near / Mid / Far) in real time.
- Use in "Reverb" mode, mixing wet and dry signal; or "Re-Mic" mode, replacing your original room and mic sounds altogether.
- Preset mic selections, placements and creative direction by Ocean Way's Allen Sides.
Price: $349 via UA's Online Store as part of UAD Software v7.0.
24 Jan 2014 Universal Audio Announces Unison Technology
20 May 2013 Universal Audio ships Apollo 16 Audio Interface
15 Feb 2013 Universal Audio releases UAD v6.5 software
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim