Universal Audio has announced the release of the Sonnox Oxford EQ plug-in for the UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform. Sonnox, a highly respected UK-based audio software developer and new UAD Direct Development partner, is best known for its range of innovative mixing and mastering plug-ins — long-time tools of choice for sound engineers and music producers worldwide.
The popular Sonnox Oxford EQ, newly optimized for UAD-2 DSP Accelerators and the Apollo audio interface, incorporates the exact equalization algorithms from the legendary Sony OXF-R3 mixing console — regarded as one of the best-sounding mixing desks of all time. With four selectable EQ curves covering a wide array of styles, the versatile Oxford EQ's novel coefficient generation and intelligent processing provide "superior sound quality and greater artistic freedom".
Sonnox Oxford EQ plug-in Features:
- 5-band fully parametric EQ incorporating exact algorithms from the legendary Sony OXF-R3 digital mixing console.
- Variable HF & LF filters up to 36 dB/Octave.
- Four different EQ types — from modern to "legacy" styles — in a single plug-in.
- Fully de-cramped HF response.
- A/B switches (automatable).
- Intuitive editable graphic display of all EQ/filter settings and adjustments.
- Ultra-low noise and distortion.
Other changes in UAD Version 6.3.0:
- Improved operation with Direct Developer plug-ins.
- Resolved DSP Load Limit issue introduced in v6.2.0.
- (Win) Resolved installer errors with Windows 7 & Vista.
- (Mac) Installation is enabled with OS X Mountain Lion (click here for Mountain Lion compatibility info).
- See the UAD Release Notes for more details.
More information on the Oxford EQ Plug-In: uaudio.com/equalizers/oxford-eq
UAD Software v6.3 is available as a free download for UAD-2 and Apollo users: uaudio.com/downloads
Learn more about the UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform here: uaudio.com/uad-plug-ins
24 Jan 2014 Universal Audio Announces Unison Technology
20 May 2013 Universal Audio ships Apollo 16 Audio Interface
15 Feb 2013 Universal Audio releases UAD v6.5 software
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim