Universal Audio has announced the release of the Sonnox Oxford EQ plug-in for the UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform. Sonnox, a highly respected UK-based audio software developer and new UAD Direct Development partner, is best known for its range of innovative mixing and mastering plug-ins — long-time tools of choice for sound engineers and music producers worldwide.
The popular Sonnox Oxford EQ, newly optimized for UAD-2 DSP Accelerators and the Apollo audio interface, incorporates the exact equalization algorithms from the legendary Sony OXF-R3 mixing console — regarded as one of the best-sounding mixing desks of all time. With four selectable EQ curves covering a wide array of styles, the versatile Oxford EQ's novel coefficient generation and intelligent processing provide "superior sound quality and greater artistic freedom".
Sonnox Oxford EQ plug-in Features:
- 5-band fully parametric EQ incorporating exact algorithms from the legendary Sony OXF-R3 digital mixing console.
- Variable HF & LF filters up to 36 dB/Octave.
- Four different EQ types — from modern to "legacy" styles — in a single plug-in.
- Fully de-cramped HF response.
- A/B switches (automatable).
- Intuitive editable graphic display of all EQ/filter settings and adjustments.
- Ultra-low noise and distortion.
Other changes in UAD Version 6.3.0:
- Improved operation with Direct Developer plug-ins.
- Resolved DSP Load Limit issue introduced in v6.2.0.
- (Win) Resolved installer errors with Windows 7 & Vista.
- (Mac) Installation is enabled with OS X Mountain Lion (click here for Mountain Lion compatibility info).
- See the UAD Release Notes for more details.
More information on the Oxford EQ Plug-In: uaudio.com/equalizers/oxford-eq
UAD Software v6.3 is available as a free download for UAD-2 and Apollo users: uaudio.com/downloads
Learn more about the UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform here: uaudio.com/uad-plug-ins
15 Feb 2013 Universal Audio releases UAD v6.5 software