For over 40 years, API mixing consoles have become synonymous for audio excellence and multi-platinum recordings. From the Foo Fighters to Fleetwood Mac's classic Rumours, API mixing desks are legendary for their colorful punch and warm analog detail.
Featuring five API modules — the 212L Microphone Preamplifier, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer — the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in is designed to allow owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware to impart their tracks with the same focus, punch, and harmonic detail as its high-end hardware counterpart.
- Faithful channel strip emulation from API's flagship Vision analog console.
- Comprised of five distinct modules: 212L Mic Preamp, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer.
- Models custom 2520 API op-amp and transformers with circuit nonlinearities.
- Allows recording in real time via Apollo interfaces (sub-2ms latency) and/or mixing workflows via UAD-2 hardware.
- More than 70 artist presets from Joe Chiccarelli, Neil Dorfsman, David Isaac, Nathaniel Kunkel and John Paterno.
Price: $299 via UA's Online Store. It requires a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
In addition to the API Vision Channel Strip there are a number of improvements in the 7.3 update including:
- New qualified host applications: Cubase 7.0.6, Nuendo 6.0.6, and Logic Pro X.
- Mono (m) versions of UAD plug-ins are restored for all titles.
- (Oxford EQ) Resolved various stability issues.
- (All Amp Room) Enable and stereo states are properly retained.
- (Metal Amp Room) Resolved various stability issues.
- (Ocean Way Studios) Parameter label corrections for Pro Tools and Avid Artist Series control surfaces.
- (Apollo Multi-Unit) Expander unit monitor signal is passed to monitor unit upon computer disconnection.
- (Apollo/Apollo 16) This release includes a firmware update for improved operation. Be sure to click "OK" when prompted to update the firmware, then power off and power on the Apollo hardware to complete the firmware update process. Click "Show More Detail" below for additional information.
Download UAD Software v7.3 here.
24 Jan 2014 Universal Audio Announces Unison Technology
20 May 2013 Universal Audio ships Apollo 16 Audio Interface
15 Feb 2013 Universal Audio releases UAD v6.5 software
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim