Developed in close collaboration with Dunlop Manufacturing, the MXR Flanger/Doubler plug-in for the UAD-2 platform replicates the legendary sound of this classic bucket-brigade flanging effect with unparalleled accuracy. Through its signature flanging, doubling, and delay effects, the MXR Flanger/Doubler imprints a unique stamp on guitars, bass, keys, drums, or just about any source. The MXR Flanger/Doubler Plug-In also includes additional “UAD Exclusive” features and artist presets from legendary engineers Vance Powell (The Dead Weather, Buddy Guy), Neil Dorfsman (Paul McCartney, Sting), and Chuck Zwicky (Prince, Jeff Beck).
Little Labs Voice of God (VOG) Bass Resonance Tool
The Little Labs-authenticated Voice of God (VOG) plug-in for the UAD-2 platform accurately models the sonic characteristics of this unique 500-series hardware audio processor in every detail. The VOG is used to accurately target and accentuate low frequency material, from vocals to bass guitar and drums — adding both heft and precision far beyond a simple EQ.
Changes in UAD Software v6.1:
- New UAD-2 Plug-Ins:
- UAD MXR Flanger/Doubler.
- UAD Little Labs VOG Bass Resonance Tool.
- Ampex ATR-102 Delay Time values are saved when adjusted with Tape Speed control.
- Additional RTAS enhancements:
- UAD v6.1 expands the RTAS enhancements introduced in UAD v6.0. For a complete list of RTAS changes in this release, please view the RTAS support page.
- Important: When Pro Tools sessions saved in UAD v5.9.1 (and earlier) are subsequently opened in UAD v6.0 (and higher), UAD plug-in automation data for discrete (non-continuous) parameters is lost. This also applies when sessions saved in UAD v6.0 (and higher) are loaded in earlier UAD versions. Please view the RTAS support page for additional details about compatibility between UAD versions.
- Mac: (Logic Pro) Ampex ATR-102 alignment parameters no longer reset when switching to Controls view.
- Mac: (Lion) When installing UAD Powered Plug-Ins under Mac OS 10.7, the UAD installer will no longer prompt to install the Java Runtime Environment (the "JRE" is not required to install, or use, UAD Powered Plug-Ins).
Pricing & Availability
Available for purchase via UA’s Online Store:
- MXR Flanger/Doubler Plug-In: $199.
- Little Labs VOG Bass Resonance Tool: $149.
- Ampex ATR-102: $349.
UAD Software v6.1 is available as a FREE download for Mac and PC users worldwide.
24 Jan 2014 Universal Audio Announces Unison Technology
20 May 2013 Universal Audio ships Apollo 16 Audio Interface
15 Feb 2013 Universal Audio releases UAD v6.5 software