Universal Audio has announced the release of UAD Software v9.5. Alongside the new UA-developed Helios Type 69 Preamp and EQ Collection plug-in, this latest software release also offers A/DA Flanger and Friedman Buxom Betty Amplifier plug-ins from UA's direct developer partner, Brainworx.
A/DA Flanger - $149*
*$99 for owners of UAD A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay plug-in
Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, the A/DA Flanger plug-in is an exacting emulation of this iconic, often outrageous sounding, bucket-brigade flanging pedal that gained mythical status in the late '70s and early '80s. Often referred to as "the Holy Grail of Flangers," the A/DA Flanger plug-in captures all the expansive depth of the original's Panasonic MN3010 bucket-brigade circuit, as well as plug-in-only features like tempo sync, mix control, and dual stereo modes.
A/DA Flanger Plug-In Key Features:
- Precise modeling of both an original 1979 and modern 2009 A/DA reissue in one plug-in.
- Officially licensed and authenticated by A/DA Signal Processors.
- Time delay range of 40:1 for extremely wide sweeps.
- Switch between odd or even harmonic emphasis for a variety of tones.
- Mono or stereo operation, including stereo upmixing from mono signals.
- Physical input impedance and hands-on control of gain staging with Unison technology.
- Available exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces.
Friedman Buxom Betty Amplifier - $149*
*$99 for owners of UAD Friedman Amplifier Collection
Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio Interfaces the Friedman Buxom Betty Amplifier plug-in expertly captures all of the dynamic clean and crunch tones of the boutique, dual EL34-powered tone machine. The Buxom Betty Amplifier plug-in not only captures the touch sensitive textures of the handwired hardware, it adds 100 high-end recording chains as well as onboard vintage delay, noise gate, and lo/hi pass filters for further tone shaping.
The Friedman Buxom Betty Amplifier plug-in also features Unison technology for UA Audio Interfaces. This means a UA Interface user's guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they're plugged into a Friedman Buxom Betty amplifier- a feature found only on UA Audio Interfaces.
Friedman Buxom Betty Amplifier Plug-In Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of the original Friedman Buxom Betty guitar amplifier.
- Endorsed and fully authenticated by Friedman Amplifiers.
- 100 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinet impulse responses.
- FX Rack features vintage delay, noise gate, filter controls, internal power soak, and pre- and post-amp bypass.
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Friedman Buxom Betty amplifier thanks to impedance matching.
- Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio interfaces.
Helios Type 69 Preamp and EQ Collection - $299*
*$199 upgrade price from Helios Type 69 Legacy plug-in
Whether it was housed at Olympic in London, Musicland in Munich, or in the famed Rolling Stones mobile studio, the Helios Type 69 console was at the center of hundreds of iconic albums from rock's "Golden Age." From must-own albums by Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, and Pink Floyd, to Bob Marley and the Wailers, David Bowie, Black Sabbath and AC/DC, the Type 69 delivered fat, unmistakable attitude, with a punchy midrange and an assertive growl.
Universal Audio is now releasing the all-new Helios Type 69 Preamp and EQ Collection for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio Interfaces — including an exacting end-to-end circuit emulation that improves upon UA's original Helios Type 69 "EQ-only" Legacy plug-in.
In developing the new Helios Type 69 plug-in, UA's team of engineers dug deep into two original Type 69 Olympic-era "golden units," faithfully modeling their custom-made, feedback-style, 70 dB input section — along with a complete emulation of the coveted Lustraphone mic input transformer. This end-to-end circuit capture is the only "triple-amp" preamp on the UAD plug-in platform, and offers the same complex flavors as the original hardware.
The new Helios Type 69 also offers a ground-up redesign of the original hardware's famously bold passive three-band EQ. For the first time, the Helios Type 69 plug-in perfectly emulates the rich-sounding inductor saturation behaviors that keep radical EQ moves sounding ultra-musical, even at extreme settings.
Finally, owners of UA Audio Interfaces can track in real time with Helios' vintage analog channel, like having the original hardware. The Helios Type 69 Preamp and EQ plug-in also supports Universal Audio's Unison technology, giving UA Audio Interface users the Type 69's all-important impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making it an iconic hit-making console.
Helios Type 69 Preamp and EQ Plug-In Key Features:
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of Helios' iconic Type 69 analog channel, exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces.
- Includes the full character of the original hardware's Lustraphone transformer-based mic preamp.
- Exacting emulation of the iconic, colorful inductor-based three-band EQ.
- Unison technology for UA audio interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of the Helios Type 69 preamp, including precise impedance matching.
- DSP-lite Type 69 Legacy EQ plug-in included.
- Artist presets from J.J. Blair (Johnny Cash, George Benson), Chris Coady (Yeah Yeah Yeahs, TV on the Radio), Jacquire King (Kings of Leon, Tom Waits), and more.