Universal Audio has released the Thermionic Culture Vulture Plug-In for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces. The new plug-in's release coincides with the release of UAD Software v7.8.
For more than 15 years, the British-made Thermionic Culture Vulture has set the standard for studio-grade, high-gain valve distortion, yielding a palette of vivid distortion colors on countless genre-spanning recordings. The Thermionic Culture Vulture plug-in models the original hardware's three distinct all-valve circuit topologies and features Universal Audio's first ever pentode tube circuit model. The Culture Vulture plug-in also offers two features not found on the original hardware — a Dry/Wet Parallel Mix control and a Link function for a perfectly matched stereo image to maximize workflow and preserve balances.
- Authentic emulation of the legendary high gain, dual-stage valve distortion unit.
- Can subtly alter or completely transform a single track or an entire mix with valve coloration.
- Dial in rich harmonic content with three diverse valve topologies — including UA's first ever pentode tube emulation.
- Includes parallel Dry/Wet processing and Link controls not found on the original hardware.
- Presets from famous Culture Vulture users, including Tony Maserati (Alicia Keys, Beyoncé), Rik Simpson (Coldplay, Portishead), Eric "ET" Thorngren (Talking Heads, Cyndi Lauper), Peter Katis (The National, Interpol), Chris Coady (Grizzly Bear, TV on the Radio), and more.
Price: $299. The new Thermionic Culture Vulture Plug-in is part of the new UAD Software v7.8, along with the Softube-developed Valley People Dyna-mite and Tonelux Tilt EQ plug-ins.