For a half-century, the Fairchild 670 and 660 tube limiters have defined many of popular music's most revered vocal and drum sounds, from Pink Floyd and the Beatles to classic Motown singles.
In 2004, Universal Audio released the Fairchild 670 Legacy plug-in. Today, UA has improved the original time constants and gain reduction curves while modeling — for the first time ever — the complete tube-powered amplifier and transformer sections of their hardware counterparts, based on an accurate circuit model of Ocean Way's "golden-reference" units.
The Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection also offers "digital only" features such as sidechain filtering, dry/wet parallel blend, and headroom controls, giving owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware modern workflow appointments.
Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection:
- Includes the Fairchild mono 660 and stereo 670, each with their own sonic attributes and feature sets.
- Models entire electronic path, including tube amplifiers and transformers for complete analog color and behavior.
- Based on Ocean Way's famous, meticulously maintained Fairchild "golden units".
- Lateral-Vertical mode for stereo imaging and balance control.
- Includes all-new "digital only" features such as sidechain filtering, dry/wet parallel blend, and headroom controls.
Price: $299 - Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
24 Jan 2014 Universal Audio Announces Unison Technology
20 May 2013 Universal Audio ships Apollo 16 Audio Interface
15 Feb 2013 Universal Audio releases UAD v6.5 software
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim