Universal Audio has announced that their recently unveiled UAD-2 Satellite DUO and QUAD FireWire DSP Accelerator Packages are now shipping to authorized dealers worldwide. As the newest members of UA's UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform, the UAD-2 Satellite family combines DSP acceleration with the plug-and-play simplicity of FireWire 800/400 - perfect for Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis.
For the first time, the UAD-2 Satellites put the entire UAD Powered Plug-Ins library - including the popular Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder, and SSL E & G plug-ins - within easy reach of select iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis; no PCIe or ExpressCard required.
Available in DUO or QUAD processor format (with either two or four Analog Devices SHARC processors, respectively), UAD-2 Satellite packages provide a selection of classic analog emulation plug-ins, along with a processing "boost" for digital audio workstations.
"UAD-2 Satellite is the result of UA listening to our customers, and giving them a processing solution that is both elegant and powerful," added UA Senior Product Manager Lev Perrey. "Coupled with our roadmap of exciting new plug-ins, we anticipate this product expanding our 40,000-strong UAD user base significantly in the years to come."
Notable UAD-2 Satellite features include:
- Access the UAD Powered Plug-Ins library on select FireWire 800- and 400- equipped Macs.
- Compatible with modern Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4 (or higher).
- Run larger mixes in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Performer and more - without taxing host computer CPU.
There are five models to choose from:
- DUO (Core).
- DUO Flexi (w/ $500 Plug-In Voucher).
- QUAD (Core).
- QUAD Flexi (w/ $500 Plug-In Voucher).
- QUAD Omni v5.7 (w/ 50 UAD plug-ins).
The complete line of UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators are available now with prices starting at $899 MAP USD.
For the latest information on the UAD-2 Satellite, visit UA's website.