1st July 2009
URS (Unique Recording Software) has announced the release of the URS N4 series EQ, a new plug-in that digitally recreates the sound of a vintage British Six Band Equalizer (4 bands plus HP/LP Filters). It is very broad-banded and musical.
- Number of bands: Six.
- Low and High bands are selectable peak or shelving.
- Mid are peaking type.
- Low: 33 Hz, 56 Hz, 100 Hz, 180 Hz, and 330 Hz.
- Low Mid: 220 Hz, 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 390 Hz, 470 Hz, 560 Hz, 680 Hz, 820 Hz, 1k and 1.2k.
- High Mid: 1.5k, 1.8k, 2.2k, 2.7k, 3.3k, 3.9k, 4.7k, 5.6k. 6.8k and 8.2k.
- High: 10k, 3.3k, 4.7k, 6.8k,10k, and 15k.
- "Hi-Q" button on the mid bands for narrower bandwidth.
- Filter Boost/Cut: +/- 12dB variable to .1db.
- Filter Slope: 12dB per Octave.
- Hi-pass filter: 27 Hz, 47 Hz, 82 Hz, 150 Hz and 270 Hz.
- Lo-pass filter: 3.9k, 5.6k, 8.2k, 10k, 12k, and 18k.
- Phase reverse switch.
- Gain clipping indicator.
- In / Out Bypass switch.
- Line input Trim offers -10 to +20 gain variable to .1db.
- Plasma Style Input and Output VU Meters.
- Maximum Supported Sample Rate: 192 kHz.
Pricing & Availability
N4 Series EQ is available for Mac OS X and Windows in VST, AU, RTAS and TDM plug-in formats.
- TDM license (TDM/RTAS): MSRP $399.99; Introductory offer price $199.99 until 15th July, 2009.
- Native license (VST/AU/RTAS): MSRP $199.99; Introductory offer price $99.99 until 15th July, 2009.
Note: Introductory offer prices are only available in the URS Online store and are not available through URS Dealers.
Bundle upgrades are also available.