Costing upwards of $100,000, the dream machine of the 80s was unattainable by most. Used by countless prominent artists including: Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Kate Bush, Herbie Hancock, Jean Michel Jarre, Thomas Dolby and many more, it remains a highly regarded and sought after instrument.
UVI has created a complete set of instruments, sounds and sonic tools deeply inspired by the original digital monster. A unique, hybrid process of exhaustive multi-sampling, analysis, and advanced scripts for audio processing allowed UVI to not only capture the original character of this machine but to enhance its ability with a host of today's most powerful analog modeled filters, LFOs, envelopes and effects -- packaged in an old-school interface.
Darklight IIx offers several 'Pages', each an instrument on its own:
Page P - "Organic" Digital Sound:
- Immediate access to hundreds of sounds and instruments including: Bass, Brass, Bells, Strings, Guitar, Orchestral Hits, Synth, Drums, Percussion, FX, Keys, Piano, Organs, Winds, Reeds and Voices.
- Efficient and versatile control set allows for everything from quick tweaks to deep sonic exploration.
- Accurate reproduction of aliasing characteristics.
- More than 250 ready-to-play presets.
- A multitude of effects, including the new UVI SparkVerb, allow you to create sounds like the original machine and process them to sound like your favorite cult records from the 80s or something totally new.
Page B - Digital Drum Machine:
- 80s-style beatbox with step sequencer.
- Hundreds of authentic vintage drums and percussion sounds.
Page U - Creative Multi-Phraser:
- UVI exclusive multi-phraser; 3 parts with 3 sounds and 3 smart step sequencers.
- Create 3-track arrangements or moving drones, let your imagination run.
"All of these combine to present you with the soul of this mythical machine, packaged in an easy-to-use interface with modern controls for enhanced expression and musicality", said Alain J Etchart, UVI Creative Manager.
At the same time, UVI has updated UVI Workstation to version 2.0.6, featuring the following changes:
- [Fix] Supports for DarkLight.
- [New] Optimization of Xpander filter.
**None of the video examples, songs, and/or pictures, product name are affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by Fairlight Instruments Pty Ltd or the owner of the trademark Fairlight. UVI is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by Fairlight, Fairlight Instruments or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
28 Feb 2013 UVI releases "UVX-3P" vintage softsynth
13 Dec 2012 UVI Discounts December 13-16, 2012
18 Sep 2012 UVI updates UVI Workstation to v2.0.7
31 Aug 2012 UVI releases "The Beast" (UVI Instrument)
31 Jul 2012 UVI releases IRCAM Prepared Piano
17 Jul 2012 UVI releases Emulation One
06 Mar 2013 Zero-G releases "Vocal Lix" sample library
27 Dec 2012 Acousticsamples releases Petit Piano (UVI)
17 Dec 2012 Acousticsamples Xmas Sale: 30% Off
14 Sep 2012 Acousticsamples releases Urban Drums
05 Aug 2012 Acousticsamples announces 2012 Summer Sale
12 Jun 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.1.1
07 Mar 2012 MOTU updates MachFive to v3.0.3
07 Feb 2012 MacWorld and NAMM 2012 Show Reports