FerricTDS - Tape Dynamics Simulator was the Winner of the KVR Developer Challenge 2009! It's available for Windows as a VST effect plug-in and, like all entries in the Developer Challenge, it is free.
Inspired by the smooth dynamic shaping capabilities of some high-end reel-to-reel tape recorders, FerricTDS - Tape Dynamics Simulator simulates three of the most distinctive and much appreciated sonic effects generated by these devices:
- Dynamics: gently shaping the overall dynamic response.
- Saturation: adding extra harmonic-related content.
- Limiting: controlling peak performance.
Functions at a glance:
- Performs gentle audio dynamic treatments.
- Masters difficult to handle audio material.
- Adds extra harmonics and saturation effects.
- Controls outgoing audio peaks.
FerricTDS features 4x oversampled core algorithms; performance-critical parts are written in assembler; and it is SSE-optimized.
22 May 2013 Variety Of Sound updates Rescue MK2 to v2.1
11 May 2012 Variety Of Sound releases NastyDLA mkII
12 Apr 2012 Variety Of Sound updates BaxterEQ to v1.0.1
28 Feb 2011 Variety Of Sound updates NastyDLA to v1.0.1
03 Nov 2010 Variety Of Sound releases NastyDLA - Chorus Echo
17 Aug 2010 Variety Of Sound updates BootEQ to v2.1
07 Apr 2010 Variety Of Sound updates FerricTDS to v1.5.0
22 Jan 2010 Variety Of Sound updates epicVerb to v1.5
13 Oct 2009 Variety Of Sound updates Density mkII to v2.0.1