Variety Of Sound has released preFIX, a pre-mixing and audio alignment tool which typically takes place upfront the mixing process. It's available for Windows as a VST effect plug-in and it is free.
preFIX provides a clever tool-set to clean-up, fix and align audio tracks (typically taken from recordings) concerning overall frequency correction, phase alignment, spatial stereo field corrections and routing. It contains a complete gate/expander solution with a dedicated and comprehensive sidechain filtering path as well.
- Smoothest audio frequency filtering.
- Comprehensive gate and expander audio treatments.
- Detailed phase corrections.
- Easy routing and stereo imaging changes.
- Plug-in specification:
- Win32 / VST compatible.
- State-of-the-art digital signal processing.
- Performance-critical parts are written in assembler.
- Completely SSE optimized.
- Main audio path filter:
- Baxandall style shelving filter with pristine audio quality.
- Smooth Butterworth high- and low-pass filter with switchable characteristics (12 and 24dB per octave).
- Both are oversampled and match their analog model curve behavior.
- Sidechain path EQ and filter:
- Whole spectrum "tilt style" balancing filter with adjustable center frequency.
- Smooth Butterworth high- and lowpass filter with switchable characteristics (12 and 24dB per octave).
- A dedicated parametric peaking EQ.
- Internal/external sidechain switchable.
- Sidechain listening option.
- Adjustable threshold between -80 and +6dBFS.
- Freely adjustable knee from hard- to soft-knee behavior up to 1:2 downward expander mode.
- Range limiting option (floor).
- Channel link switchable.
- Envelope follower section with attack, hold and release control.
- Attack timing features console style peak timings as well as two RMS modes.
- Additional gate pre-open timing option.
- Phase alignment:
- Analog style step-less signal phase corrections.
- Detailed options for adopting phase response curve regarding polarity, frequency center and width.
- Additional digital signal delay option.
- Phase control switchable to channel 1, 2 or both.
- Advanced control:
- Detailed output channel routing with six different modes.
- Stereo image rotation option visually supported by a goniometer.
- Output level control with special mono mode to mix in channel 1 and 2.
22 May 2013 Variety Of Sound updates Rescue MK2 to v2.1
11 May 2012 Variety Of Sound releases NastyDLA mkII
12 Apr 2012 Variety Of Sound updates BaxterEQ to v1.0.1
28 Feb 2011 Variety Of Sound updates NastyDLA to v1.0.1
03 Nov 2010 Variety Of Sound releases NastyDLA - Chorus Echo
17 Aug 2010 Variety Of Sound updates BootEQ to v2.1
07 Apr 2010 Variety Of Sound updates FerricTDS to v1.5.0
22 Jan 2010 Variety Of Sound updates epicVerb to v1.5
13 Oct 2009 Variety Of Sound updates Density mkII to v2.0.1