The open-source virtual modular synthesizer VCV Rack has released its largest update yet, with many new features and stability fixes. A new website and online manual have been launched at vcvrack.com.
Here are some changes since v0.4.0:
- Added zoom scaling from 25% to 200%.
- Automatically scroll when dragging cables to the edge of the screen.
- Added Quad MIDI-to-CV Interface, CC-to-CV, Clock-to-CV, and Trigger-to-CV MIDI interfaces.
- Improved support for ASIO, WASAPI, DirectSound, Core Audio, and ALSA audio drivers.
- New module browser with search and tags.
- Enhanced LED emulation in graphics engine.
- File > New attempts to load "template.vcv" in the "Documents/Rack" folder if it exists.
- New Grayscale plugin with Algorhythm, Binary, and Binary² modules.
- Audible Instruments
- Added extra blend mode functions, alternative modes, and quality settings to Texture Synthesizer.
- Added bonus modes and "Disastrous Peace" mode to Resonator.
- Added Low CPU mode to Macro Oscillator.
- Merged Tidal Modulator and Wavetable Oscillator into a single module.
- Fixed Keyframer/Mixer keyframes and channel settings saving.
- Added 8vert, 8-channel attenuverter.
- Added Unity, 2-channel mixer.
- Changed LED functions in ADSR.