4th September 2006
Vember Audio has released version 1.2 of Surge, including the first release for Mac OS X, delivered as a Universal Binary for both the Audio Units and VSTi formats. On Windows it is available as a VSTi in both 32 and 64-bit (x64) varieties.
- Improved filter algorithms. Carefully crafted to provide dependable self-oscillation and a musical sound.
- Updated Graphical User Interface with a fresh new look.
- A wider selection of preset patches (914).
- Mac OS X support (Universal Binary).
- Keyboard input issues resolved.
- Simplified automation mode when using Ableton Live to get around their 128-parameter limit.
- Pre-VST2.4 host issues resolved.
- Patch menu improvements (3 sections).
- Revised manual.
Surge is now available for €120 (+VAT for EU residents). The v1.2.0 update is free for registered users.
24 Sep 2009 Vember Audio updates Surge to v1.5.3 (Mac)
03 Mar 2009 Vember Audio updates Surge to v1.5.2
29 Sep 2008 Vember Audio updates Surge to v1.5.1a
25 Jan 2008 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.5
02 Jan 2008 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.5 RC2
06 Nov 2007 Vember Audio sets Shortcircuit Free
22 Sep 2006 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.2.2
11 Sep 2006 Vember Audio updates Surge to v1.2.1
15 Mar 2006 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.1
02 Feb 2006 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.1 beta
05 Jan 2006 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.0.2
07 Dec 2005 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.0.2 beta
17 Oct 2005 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.0.1
03 Oct 2005 Vember Audio unveils Surge
28 Jun 2005 Shortcircuit v1.1 released
07 Apr 2005 Shortcircuit updated to v1.0.13
28 Feb 2005 shortcircuit v1.0.10 released