27th January 2014
VI Labs has unveiled Ravenscroft Virtual Piano, an officially licensed version of the Ravenscroft 9' Model 275.
Here's what they say:
The Model 275 is arguably one of the greatest grand pianos on the planet. Ravenscroft pianos are different from the beginning. Each Ravenscroft piano takes more than 1,000 hours to build. They obsess over every last detail sourcing only the finest components available and employing build and design techniques learned and developed over decades of servicing, building, and repairing other world-class pianos.
VI Labs worked hand-in-hand with Michael Spreeman, the man behind the Ravenscroft pianos to make sure their Ravenscroft virtual instrument had the same attention to detail and user experience for virtual instrument users.
- Choose between four sets of discrete phase-aligned microphones including a Close Position, Room Position, Side Position, and Player position.
- Sampled Pedal and Sympathetic Resonance.
- Advanced half-pedal features.
- New Repetition Strikes, Silent Strike, and Stereo Width controls.
- Nearly 20,000 samples.
- Works as standalone item inside UVI Workstation, or as a plug-in in popular DAW hosts (Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One, Sonar).
- Requires 38GB of Hard Drive Space.
Ravenscroft by VI Labs will ship on February 7th, 2014. Pre-orders start January 29th.