27th February 2014
Waveshaping Synthesis is a type of distortion synthesis that can create dynamic spectra in a controlled way. In waveshaping, it is possible to change the spectrum with the amplitude of the sound. A simple example of this method is the clipping caused by overdriving an audio amplifier.
The waveshaper is the core of microTERA's synthesis engine. It works as a distortion unit that takes up to three sine waves as input and delivers an arbitrary spectrum as output.
- Waveshaping Synthesizer:
- Wavehaper with user programmable shape.
- Spectral shape specification.
- Three sine oscillators.
- Feedback input for noise components.
- 4 Low frequency oscillators.
- 4 Envelopes with tempo sync.
- 64 time/level segments per envelope.
- Monophonic or polyphonic with 16 voices.
- More than 160 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
- Chorus with four delay lines.
- 8 pole Analog Phaser.
- Distortion effect with Tube/Tape emulation.
- Stereo Echo/Delay effect.
- Hi end reverberation unit.
- Play melodies live with the onscreen keyboard. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
- Optionally use CoreMIDI* compatible hardware keyboard.
- Dozens of scales selectable.
- Variable Keyboard layout for scale optimized playing.
- Full featured programmable Arpeggiator.
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Can trigger single notes and chords.
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
- 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
- For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order.
- Audiobus compatible (Input slot).
- Inter App Audio.
- Audio pasteboard. Copy audio recordings to Clipboard for use with other Apps (e.g. Intua BeatMaker and many others).
- Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
- Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
- Publish loops and recordings online with the SoundCloud audio platform.
Price: $9.99 in the App Store.